News and Notes
- UIC SUAA Webinar previously held. Webinar discusses the history and future of our pensions. Please click here. View infomration on, Where does your pension come from? Click here.
- HCAA Book Club, 4/7/21, 3 pm. We’ll be discussing “The Last Flight” by Julie Clark
- Local Elections April 6, 2021 – Don’t forget to vote!
There will be an election on April 6, 2021, for a variety of local elections. These local elections are for community college boards; mayors/village presidents; library boards; village clerks; township clerks, supervisors, assessors; part districts; school boards, etc.
There are four people running for three positions on the Harper College Board of Trustees this election – Bill Kelley, Nancy Robb, Diane Hill, and Kelly Dittmann. You can watch an interview of all four candidates by the Daily Herald here (https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20210305/watch-harper-college-trustee-candidates).
There are 3 ways to vote for the April 6th election – by mail, early in person voting, and in person on election day. Early voting starts March 10th through April 5th with the general election on April 6th. For more information, check out this link. It contains information about checking your voter status, obtaining a mail in ballot, and how and where to vote in Cook County. It also has links to the websites of nearby counties.
- New way to advise HCAA of your change of email is posted on the left side of the web page.
- Harper College has been good to HCAA over the years. It is our pleasure to give back by making a one-time $1,000 donation to the Harper College Student Emergency Relief Fund on the group’s behalf. Our donation is being matched by the college. If you want to send an individual donation, go to: https://www.harpercollege.edu/foundation/donations/support-harper-students.php
A Warm Welcome to New 2021 Retirees!
|Diane Carter-Zubco||Workforce Career Coordinator|
Career and Technical Programs
|James Forssander||HVAC Mechanic Operator|
|Gregory Horeni||Associate Professor|
|Lin Novak||Administrative Assistant|
|Susanne Zeger||Computer Information Systems (CIS)|
Student Support Assistant
A Warm Welcome to 2020 Retirees!
|Ron Ally||Executive Vice President Finance/Administrative Services||06/30/2020|
|Juanita Bassler||Admissions Specialist|
|Patrick Bauer||Chief Information Officer|
Finances and Administrative Services
|John Clarke||Associate Professor|
|Julie D’Agostino||Director of Nursing |
|Jan Elbert||Senior Graphic Designer|
|Diane Filstead||Event Planner|
Conference and Events Management
|Pascuala Herrera||Learning Specialist |
|Larry Lasko||Associate Professor |
|Robert McAnnalley||Support Specialist|
|Mark Mrozinski||Asst. VP of Workforce Development|
|Norma Nerstrom||Manager, Continuing Professional Education|
Career & Technical Programs
|Richard Nowaczyk||Police Officer|
Harper College Police
|Sheryl Otto||Associate Provost|
|Richard Seiler||Director of Auxiliary Services|
|Susannah Swift||Senior Survey Assistant||12/31/2020|
For prior years go to the Retirees Archive page.
Our Purpose, Your Benefit…
To promote the individual and collective interests and welfare of Harper College annuitants (retirees) and their survivors, and employees through:
- Early notification and perceived effects on HCAA members of proposed changes to State law
- Relevant updates to HCAA members on healthcare/Medicare coverage
- Discussions with and service to Harper College
- Improved communications between Harper and its retirees
- Scheduled social events for members
- Discussion/participation with other IL annuitant and state organizations
- Active communication with legislators on relevant concerns
- Workshops/ presentations on relevant topics
- Harper parking stickers
- Reduced admission to select Harper events