Welcome to Your HCAA Website!
News and Notes
- October HCAA Book Club on October 4, 2023 at 3:00 pm via Zoom. The selected book is “Horse” by Geraldine Brooks. New attendees need to contact Jaci Carroll two days prior to the Zoom meeting.
- Pre-retirement planning seminar for current employees will be sponsored by HCAA and held on campus in W214, Thursday, October 12th from 12:00pm – 1:30pm. HCAA members are welcome to attend.
- Volunteer for packing food at Feed My Starving Children for Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at 11:30 am – 1:15 pm. Contact Jaci for additional info.
- The HCAA annual meeting and luncheon with the President of Harper College is October 23, 2023 at 12:00pm – 2:00pm. Reservation details to follow.
- December HCAA Book Club on December 6, 2023 at 3:00 pm via Zoom. The selected book is “Hello Beautiful” by Ann Napolitano. New attendees need to contact Jaci Carroll two days prior to the Zoom meeting.
- SUAA Annual Meeting was held on 6/15/23 – Linda Frank attended the meeting in Springfield, Illinois. Highlights of the meeting can be seen here.
- Hawks Care Fund: Harper College has been good to HCAA over the years. It is our pleasure to give back by making annual donations to the Harper College Hawks Care Fund. This year our donation is once again $1000.
- New way to advise HCAA of your change of email is posted on the left side of the web page.
2021 – 2022 Retirees:
|2021 - 2022 RETIREES|
|NAME||TITLE - DEPT/DIVISION||RETIREMENT DATE|
|Sam Barbaro||Specialist, Network Infrastructure||6/30/22|
|Pat Beach||Professor, Career and Technical Programs||5/31/2022|
|Carl Bernard||Custodian, Operations Services||3/31/2022|
|Willis Boughton||Associate Professor, Career and Technical Programs||5/31/2022|
|Helen Chase||Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounting Services||12/31/2021|
|Greg Clemons||Professor and Chair, Music||7/31/2022|
|Dave Dluger||Technical Director, Media Events||6/30/2022|
|Julie Ellefson-Kuehn||Professor, Math and Science||7/31/2022|
|Ping Feng||Custodian, Operations Services||11/30/2021|
|Ellen Fisher||Manager, Academic Support Center|
|Brad Grossman||Assistant Professor, Career and Technical Programs||5/31/2022|
|Kris Hoffhines||Associate Dean, Advising Services||6/30/2022|
|Robin James||Associate Professor, Business and Social Services||8/12/2022|
|Darryl Knight||Executive Director, Facilities Management||10/31/2021|
|Sunil Koswatta||Professor, Mathematics and Science||7/31/2022|
|Sandra Kreiling||Associate Professor, Mathematics and Science||7/31/2022|
|Sam Levenson||Associate Professor, Mathematics and Science||7/31/2022|
|Steve Liggio||Harper College Police||5/27/2022|
|Don Malzahn||Operational Data Store Administrator Infrastructure Services||11/30/2021|
|Margie McGowan||Coordinator, AED Bilingual Student, and Adult Education Services||6/30/2022|
|Kurt Neumann||Professor, Liberal Arts||7/31/22|
|Darlene Niebuhr||Specialist, Schedule and Curriculum Support Services||6/30/2022|
|Elizabeth Pagenkopf||Assistant Professor, Health Careers||7/31/2022|
|William Pankey||Professor, Resources for Learning||7/31/2022|
|Nancy Savard||Operations Services Manager, Operation Services||10/31/2021|
|Kathy Schmitz||Lab Assistant, Program Micros, and Interdisciplinary Student Success||6/30/2022|
|Theresa Sellers||Coordinator, Workforce Job Placement Resource Center||5/31/2022|
|Doug Spiewak||Director, Athletics and Fitness||6/30/2022|
|Thomas Stauch||Professor, Liberal Arts||7/31/2022|
|Yvonne Thompson||Limited Enrollment Specialist, Health Careers||7/1/2022|
|Lori Turinsky||Major Accounts Assistant, Workforce Solutions||4/30/2022|
|Beth Younglove||Manager, Student Accounts, ERP Coordinator||4/30/2022|
For prior years go to the Retirees Archive page.
Our Purpose, Your Benefit…
To promote the individual and collective interests and welfare of Harper College annuitants (retirees) and their survivors, and employees through:
- Early notification and perceived effects on HCAA members of proposed changes to State law
- Relevant updates to HCAA members on healthcare/Medicare coverage
- Discussions with and service to Harper College
- Improved communications between Harper and its retirees
- Scheduled social events for members
- Discussion/participation with other IL annuitant and state organizations
- Active communication with legislators on relevant concerns
- Workshops/ presentations on relevant topics
- Harper parking stickers
- Reduced admission to select Harper events