IL State’s Lawyers Argue Pension Protection Not ‘Absolute’-
Attorneys for state government are asking the Illinois Supreme Court to reinstate a controversial law curbing public employee pensions, contending that constitutional protections of retirement benefits are not absolute. Read Rick Pearson’s full article from the Chicago Tribune (January 13, 2015) here.
Poll: Your Colleagues’ Benefit Choice Insurance Selections for 2015 –
Which insurance options have been chosen by your HCAA Board members? We asked Board members to write up what their experiences have been with the carriers they chose. View the results here. Note: To add your own comments, please send an email to Sarah Stark at email@example.com
Your Media Picks – submitted by HCAA members for HCAA members
Looking for a good book, a thought-provoking movie, an article chock full of information, or a media-rich website? See what your colleagues are recommending, or share your own “find” by submitting this online form.
- Title: Still Alice
- Media: Print Book (also in electronic format) and Movie
- Recommended by: Sarah Stark
- Teaser: This timely book offers a first-person perspective on early onset Alzheimer’s, a disease that is predicted to affect 10 million baby boomers. Read the article in US News and World Report about the current movie based on the book here, or view the movie trailer here.
This site has been created to help you:
- locate understandable assessments of what is happening in Springfield with regard to your pensions
- get to know HCAA members
- keep track of HCAA social and business events via an online calendar
- learn “hot off the press” information that will keep you up to date on information that may affect your retirement
We hope you enjoy your visits here and find the information useful.
Website Suggestion Form
Please complete the form below to send your suggestions with regard to the HCAA website to the current president. We appreciate your input as we work toward making this site a useful one for everyone!