Illinois Community College System Marks 50th Anniversary!
The Illinois community college system is 50 years old! State legislators and higher education leaders celebrated this half-century of achievement on August 12 at Joliet Junior College in Joliet, birthplace of the nation’s community college movement. Read all about this exciting event via this month’s Media Pick!
In a unanimous decision on May 8, 2015, the Illinois Supreme Court ruled the landmark pension law unconstitutional!
Read the entire news article from the Chicago Tribune here.
(ICCTA Note: The Illinois Supreme Court’s decision is available online here.)
Your Media Picks – submitted by HCAA members for HCAA members
Looking for a good book, a thought-provoking movie, an article chock full of information, or a media-rich website? See what your colleagues are recommending, or share your own “find” by submitting this online form.
- Title: The Illinois Community College System Turns 50!
- Media: Online Article with Photos and Governor’s Proclamation (click links to view)
Recommended By: Linda Kolbusz-Kosan
Teaser: Read the Governor’s proclamation and view several photos of this important August event!
This site has been created to help you:
- locate understandable assessments of what is happening in Springfield with regard to your pensions
- get to know HCAA members
- keep track of HCAA social and business events via an online calendar
- learn “hot off the press” information that will keep you up to date on information that may affect your retirement
We hope you enjoy your visits here and find the information useful.
Website Suggestion Form
Please complete the form below to send your suggestions with regard to the HCAA website to the current president. We appreciate your input as we work toward making this site a useful one for everyone!