New! Pension Lawsuit Updates Page -
View the latest information available on pension lawsuits here or click on the Pension Lawsuit Updates page tab.
For Your Immediate Attention-
On January 28, the We Are One Illinois (WAOI) coalition, of which IEA is a founding union, and 25 active and retired members of TRS, SURS and SERS, on behalf of themselves and a class of others like them, filed a 55-page lawsuit (attached) in Sangamon County challenging the constitutionality of SB 1 (Public Act 98-599). Get details on this lawsuit and a link to the 55 page lawsuit here.
Your Media Picks – submitted by HCAA members for HCAA members
Looking for a good book, a thought-provoking movie, an article chock full of information, or a media-rich website? See what your colleagues are recommending, or share your own “find” by submitting this online form.
- Title: MyFitnessPal (click on linked name to go directly to online site)
- Media: website with information about program and where to download free mobile apps (iPhone and Android)
- Recommended by: anonymous
- Teaser: Download the easiest-to-use food diary on the Web to help you shed those unwanted extra pounds. Use over 3 million preloaded foods, create your own personal food database, use diets already created, check calorie burn via exercise, communicate with an online community to keep you going, and much more! Get this 100% free app now for both iPhone and Android devices. This great little program does it all (except for actually losing the weight for you)!
This site has been created to help you:
- locate understandable assessments of what is happening in Springfield with regard to your pensions
- get to know HCAA members
- keep track of HCAA social and business events via an online calendar
- learn “hot off the press” information that will keep you up to date on information that may affect your retirement
We hope you enjoy your visits here and find the information useful.