SUAA Files Pension Lawsuit on March 6 -
The State Universities Annuitants Association (SUAA) on behalf of its members and a group of active and retired university employees filed a lawsuit on Thursday, March 6, in Champaign County Circuit Court challenging Senate Bill 1, [PA 98-599] which causes significant cuts to pubic pensions and adversely affects State University and Community College employees who are paid through the State University Retirement System (SURS). Read the complaint and more information here.
Your Media Picks – submitted by HCAA members for HCAA members
Looking for a good book, a thought-provoking movie, an article chock full of information, or a media-rich website? See what your colleagues are recommending, or share your own “find” by submitting this online form.
- Title: Vegetable Garden Planner (click on linked name to go directly to online article)
- Media: online site
- Recommended by: Sarah Stark
- Teaser: Spring has finally arrived! If your thoughts are now on planting a garden, you may want to give this online garden planner a try. It is completely free for 30 days, includes adaptations for your location, selections from over 130 vegetables, fruits and herbs, uses row, raised bed or square foot garden plans, and is easy to use.
This site has been created to help you:
- locate understandable assessments of what is happening in Springfield with regard to your pensions
- get to know HCAA members
- keep track of HCAA social and business events via an online calendar
- learn “hot off the press” information that will keep you up to date on information that may affect your retirement
We hope you enjoy your visits here and find the information useful.