SUAA Files Pension Lawsuit on March 6 -
The State Universities Annuitants Association (SUAA) on behalf of its members and a group of active and retired university employees filed a lawsuit on Thursday, March 6, in Champaign County Circuit Court challenging Senate Bill 1, [PA 98-599] which causes significant cuts to pubic pensions and adversely affects State University and Community College employees who are paid through the State University Retirement System (SURS). Read the complaint and more information here.
Your Media Picks – submitted by HCAA members for HCAA members
Looking for a good book, a thought-provoking movie, an article chock full of information, or a media-rich website? See what your colleagues are recommending, or share your own “find” by submitting this online form.
- Title: MyFitnessPal (click on linked name to go directly to online site)
- Media: website with information about program and where to download free mobile apps (iPhone and Android)
- Recommended by: anonymous
- Teaser: Download the easiest-to-use food diary on the Web to help you shed those unwanted extra pounds. Use over 3 million preloaded foods, create your own personal food database, use diets already created, check calorie burn via exercise, communicate with an online community to keep you going, and much more! Get this 100% free app now for both iPhone and Android devices. This great little program does it all (except for actually losing the weight for you)!
This site has been created to help you:
- locate understandable assessments of what is happening in Springfield with regard to your pensions
- get to know HCAA members
- keep track of HCAA social and business events via an online calendar
- learn “hot off the press” information that will keep you up to date on information that may affect your retirement
We hope you enjoy your visits here and find the information useful.