Become a “Degree Scholar Coach” Opportunity -
HCAA President Pat Wenthold shared information about the One Million Degrees initiative at this year’s General Membership Meeting. Pat noted how simple yet clever this initiative is. She says, “Who would know the ins and outs of higher ed and Harper in particular than those who spent their careers in the environment? Also, most of us have had other jobs and life experiences which add a wealth of knowledge, wisdom, and skills to offer as resources to those starting out. I do believe that there will be significant interest among our retirees (I for one) who would relish the opportunity to become a “degree scholar coach.”” To learn more about this initiative, please visit the One Million Degrees website here.
Interested individuals should reach out to Kristine Hoffhines, the OMD Project Director at Harper, at 847.925.6522 or firstname.lastname@example.org for direction to the coaching form and/or answers to questions.
Your Media Picks – submitted by HCAA members for HCAA members
Looking for a good book, a thought-provoking movie, an article chock full of information, or a media-rich website? See what your colleagues are recommending, or share your own “find” by submitting this online form.
- Title: Six Browser Plug-Ins That Protect Your Privacy
- Media: Web site (available here)
- Recommended by: David Clydesdale
- Teaser: Want to avoid ads and keep your Web wanderings private? Once of these six free browser apps might be just what you are seeking.
This site has been created to help you:
- locate understandable assessments of what is happening in Springfield with regard to your pensions
- get to know HCAA members
- keep track of HCAA social and business events via an online calendar
- learn “hot off the press” information that will keep you up to date on information that may affect your retirement
We hope you enjoy your visits here and find the information useful.